Besides being rich in vitamin C, the fruit has flavonoids and several important nutrients to prevent diseases and make the body more resistant. The orange is part of the menu for several people who choose the fruit juice in the morning or during the meals.
The orange also has other nutritional properties such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium, folic acid, iron, fibers, beta-carotene and flavonoids. This set of properties make the orange an even more special fruit. See the benefits form consuming it:
- Improves the immune system;
- Increases the power of iron absorption from the food;
- Helps the digestion;
- Fights against the free radicals;
- It is important for the formation of bones and teeth;
- Helps keeping the skin healthy and hydrated;
- Contributes for the healing of small bleeding and for the restoration of the skin.
In the orange bagasse we can find the pectin, a very powerful soluble fiber, that when ingested, it forms a kind of gel, increasing satiety and the controlling the blood glucose. Consume fresh orange to obtain the healthy benefits from the bagasse.