Recipe: lemon meringue pie
Lemon pie is a much-loved dessert by everyone! Because it is well balanced, lemon pie is a perfect dessert for those who do not like extremely sweet desserts. Besides, it is practical, fast and simple to make.
Check out the recipe below:
- 200 g cornstarch cookies
- 150 g butter or margarine
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 box heavy cream
- juice of 4 lemons
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3 or 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 sliced or grated lemons for decoration
For the dough:
- Crush the cookie in a blender or food processor.
- Add the butter and beat a little more.
- Pour the dough into a removable bottom form.
- With your hands, spread the buttered cookie dough on the bottom and sides of the pan, covering the entire area evenly.
- Bake in a preheated medium oven (180° C) for approximately 10 minutes.
For the filling:
- Beat all the ingredients in a blender (except the lemon zest) until a smooth and firm cream is obtained.
- Fill the already baked and cooled dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
For the topping:
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add the sugar.
- Mix until it forms the point of a meringue and bake until golden brown.
- Unmold the pie (without removing the false bottom), pour the topping and add the slices or the lemon zest, as you prefer.
Will you repeat this quick and delicious recipe at home?