7 motivos para incluir a manga no seu cardápio
Mango is a delicious fruit and it has a smell which differs it from the other fruits. It has good portions important nutrients such as phosphorus, calcium, iron, copper, zinc and also vitamins that are extremely important for the health.
The presence of beta-carotene – which in our organism is converted into vitamin A – allows the mango to act in the growth of bones and its healthy for the skin and vision. Besides the low quantity of antioxidants in relation to several other fruits, its greatest medicinal factor is cancer prevention and balancing the cholesterol levels.
Benefits for the Health
1. Strengthens the immune system: Mangos contain a good quantity of vitamin C and vitamin A, which help our immune system against infectious diseases, mainly flu and colds. Beta-carotene also reinforces our defenses. Curiosity: mango has more vitamin C than orange and lemon. (see ranking)
2. Benefits of mango for the skin: Besides the vitamins A and C, it also contains vitamin E, which makes the fruit even more useful for skincare. On the skin, vitamin A (present in the composition of several medications and ointments) is used in the treatment of skin problems like acne, freckles and psoriasis. Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen (helping in the resistance of the skin to wrinkles). Vitamin E assists effectively to the reduction of wrinkles on the skin around the eyes.
3. It is good for the heart: In a study carried out with several mango consumers, they presented lower levels of C-reactive protein, a heart failure risk indicator. There is explanation for the finding: the soluble fibers and the antioxidants which are abundant in the fruit assist in the good operation of the arteries. The fibers lower the cholesterol, increase the feeling of satiety and help controlling the blood sugar levels.
4. It acts as an antioxidant: Mangoes carry a significant amount of substances that avoid the degeneration of the cells, benefit which is not restricted to the vessels and heart. The effect is mainly due to the quercetin: in the organism it binds to the free radicals and minimizes the possibility of cell damage.
5. It prevents cancer: The great quantity of fibers and antioxidants is also responsible for its anticancer potential. Experiments suggest that there would be a special action against breast and colon tumors. In the case of intestine cancer it is easier to understand the reason of the protective action: the famous fibers of the fruit help in the intestinal transit, which favors the elimination of possible carcinogenic elements.
6. Good for the digestion: Mango is the second best fruit for the digestive process (losing only for the papaya). The fruit is famous for the availability of fibers which facilitates the digestion process and getting rid of residues that might lead to colon cancer.
7. Excellent source of vitamin B6: Vitamin B-6 or pyridoxine is needed for the production of GABA hormone in the brain. Mango contains beta-carotene, it is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. If you are a very active person, exercising or working, mango is a great way to replace your potassium and fiber. An average mango can contain up to 40% of your daily needs of fiber.
Source: Magazine Sabor & Saúde